Progression in San Isid is based around corporate Megacredits. Used for purchasing upgrades, training, or augmentations in company stores, these non-transferrable scrip keep track of who has best engaged in corporate team-building initiatives.
Creds can be earned in a variety of ways:
- Income: One (1) Megacredit is automatically granted to all citizens of San Isid monthly.
- Synergy: Contributions to corporate initiatives are rewarded. Up to one (1) Megacredit per month is granted to those who are aligned with one of the factions that control San Isid. See Factions for more details.
- Team-building: Submitting a log of meeting a new person (under 30 days on sim) will grant up to one (1) Megacredit per month.
- Mentorship: Submitting a log of mentoring someone, or being mentored, in a skill or magic will grant up to one (1) Megacredit per month for prosocial behavior.
- Engagement: Local job board postings (miniquests) are available to all citizens. Completing a posting (and submitting a log), or suggesting three new postings, will grant one (1) Megacredit per month.
- Excellence: Submitting a log that you are particularly proud of will grant up to one (1) Megacredit per month.
- Punctuality: Certain Storyteller-run events will grant one (1) Megacredit to all attendees. This is up to Storyteller discretion, but is only available for events that are open to the entire sim or one or more factions.
- Coordinator: Any player-organized events that are open to the public and have at least five attendees will grant one (1) Megacredit to the organizer. Additionally, at Storyteller discretion, player-run events may grant one (1) Megacredit to all attendees. If you’re organizing a major event, check with the STs!
- Staff: Members of staff, due to the intense time commitment put in, will receive (2) Megacredits per month, which are still subject to the standard cap.
A cap of six (6) earned Megacredits per month is in place to prevent inflation. Thank you for your contributions, citizen!
Logs should be submitted via the ticket interface on the main website, with the correct category for your submission selected.
Should your character come to an untimely demise, you may have the option of creating a new character with half that character’s total spent Megacredits at character creation.
Megacredits may be spent to upgrade a character's cybernetics, merits, magic and skills.
The costs to upgrade are:
- Skills: Skills may be upgrade by spending MCs equal to the rank of the skill being purchased. Rank 2 'Capable' costs 2 MCs, Rank 3 'Trained' costs 3 MCs, and Rank 4 'Specialized' costs 4 MCs. A character may possess up to 4 'specialized' skills.
- Cybernetics: Cybernetics may be upgraded by spending MCs according to their cost. Minor cybernetics cost 4, Medium cybernetics cost 8, Major cybernetics cost 12, and Capstone cybernetics cost 16. A character may only possess one Capstone cybernetic or lvl 3 magic at any given time.
- Magic: Magic may be upgraded by spending MCs according to their cost. Lvl 1 magic costs 4, lvl 2 magic costs 8, and lvl 3 magic costs 12. To purchase a level of magic, the previous rank in that school must already be owned. A character may possess up to 4 schools of magic, and one lvl 3 magic or Capstone cybernetic at any given time.
- Merits: Merits may be upgraded by spending MCs according to their cost. Merits cost 4, 8, or 12, specified in their description.